onsdag 7. juli 2010

The Sixties


Images from around the net.

I have always been fascinated by the 60s. The clothes(bell-bottom jeans, tie dye, batik, the bikini, the mini skirt), ,the hair styles (mop-top haircut, beehive hairdos, the Twiggy hairdo), the music (The Rolling Stones, Bob Dylan, Elvis, The Beatles/John Lennon, Janis Joplin, The Who),the rebelliousness, the social revolution/counterculture,the anti-war movement,the rise of feminism, Motown Record corporation, the radical behavior, the independence, Woodstock and the peace and love attitude.
My dad always tells me I was born two or three decades too late and that I am an old soul in a young body. I guess I am.
I found a picture of my dad from the late sixties I think and boy was he cool looking! With HUGE sideburns, long unruly hair, HUGE glasses that covered half his face, bell bottom jeans and a red tunic looking thing. I also found a picture of my mom and she looked soooo fabulous!! With white otk leather-like boots, high waisted hot pants, a red tight blouse, big hair and also she had HUGE glasses that covered half her face. I wish I was there to witness them.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar